Micro Small and Medium Enterprise are playing a very important role in India’s growth. Its a dynamic sector with creating a very large employment in India. In the 2006 MSME Act has been notified to address policy issue which effects on the MSME Sector. So after that, each small and medium business have to apply for the MSME Registration with the EM-1 & EM-2 forms which are replaced by newly name Udyog Aadhar Registration.
So in this guide, we let you know how small startups & business can register under the Udyog Aadhar Registration and avail government benefits and scheme.
What is Udyog Aadhaar?
Prior to Udyog Aadhar govt are providing MSME Registration under the MSME act 2006 but after September 2015 govt notified Udyog Aadhaar Registration to avail the government benefits and scheme throughout one page simplified registration. Udyog Aadhaar is 12 Digit business registration unique id called Udyog Aadhar number which is provided to every small and medium business. Udyog Aadhar is directly linked to the entrepreneurs Aadhar number so govt can track all the data related to the startups easily.
Major Difference between old MSME Registration and Udyog Aadhar?
MSME Registration or SSI Registration is very complicated in terms of the registration. First of all, entrepreneurs have to file the EM-1 Form before the starting of the business, after that they have to file the EM-2. even after the submission of the govt form’s approval is the major concern for the newly startups. Govt officer is not providing fastly approval so entrepreneurs can’t avail the govt loans or subsidy and other benefits under the MSME Act.
But after the introduction of the Udyog Aadhar Registration, you have to simplified fillup the one-page form and got your Udyog Aadhar Certificate.
Benefits of the Udyog Aadhar Registration?
- Under the Udyog Aadhar you will get the easy sanction of the bank’s loans on the low-interest rates. For ex – you can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Bank Loan
- You can avail the credit guarantee scheme
- You also get benefits under the Excise and direct tax laws with assistance in the enhancement of the technology in business with marketing & capital support.
- You can participate in international trade fairs.
Sector Investment Limits as per the MSME Act 2006
Under MSME Act there is investment limit which defines the startups or small business under the Micro or Small and Medium Enterprise.
How to Apply for the Udyog Aadhar Registration?
Entrepreneurs required the mainly Aadhar card and pan card with basic documents to apply for the Udyog Aadhaar registration. It is better if your Aadhar is already linked to your pan card, if not then you can do it on the income tax official website.
Here are the easy steps to apply for the Udyog Aadhar Registration:
Online Mode for Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Visit the official website and signup with the Aadhar card number and name
- Enter the necessary business details and other required details.
- You’ll get the certificate on your registered email id with the portal and generate the certificate with approval if everything is fine.
Tip: if you are unable to proceed your application then you can take the professional help. There is the leading portal for the Udyog Aadhaar Registration like Myonlineca which helps you generate the Udyog Aadhaar memorandum certificate with faster checkout verification and approval.
Offline Mode for Udyog Aadhar Registration
- If you have no Aadhar card then you can go with the offline mode for the Udyog Aadhar registration by visiting nearby DIC ( District Industries Center).
- Fill-up the offline form with the necessary basic documents like pan card or voter id or passport with address proof.
- The Govt. officer issues an offline certificate with your UAM Number to your postal address for the same.
Conclusion on Udyog Aadhaar
So Udyog Aadhar registration is a good initiative taken by Govt. of India under Digital India to helping startups on the simplified legal things. Till the date, more than 45 lakh Udyog Aadhar has been registered.